Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journal #8

1. I think Hurston chose the title she did because she wanted to show that in the big picture of life God is the person who has the power over what happens to us. Even though we make our own decisions we still have to wait for God to make the final decisions. This makes me think of all the things that happened to Janie, she could have had a decision against them but they would have turned out that way anyways because god chose to do that.

2. Another title could have been The Choices Being Made. This title would have shown that all people make choices to change for either good or bad, but it's god's final choice that decides what will happen in a persons life. I think Hurston was trying to get across that God is there all the time and he has a say in everything we do.

3. The title of my Pastiche is "The Red Bandanna" I chose this because in my pastiche my character had to overcome a lot of unfair obstacles and by acting out and going against what the authority wanted he obtained a feeling of peace. The bandanna is a symbol for his pride and he uses it empower himself against what the authority wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment